Monday, February 28, 2011

TIDEPOOL

I was going to teach a short course on combining oil pastel with water color, so I thought it was time to experiment. I bought a canvas pad, that said it was suitable for all water media, mixed up some gouache and tried to paint it on the support. Not at all easy. I had to really work to get it onto the surface and I ended up pouring it, rotating the canvas so that the paint dribbled in patterns, and then I left it to dry. That was an effect I liked. While it was drying I took a Q tip and drew some of the shell outlines. Liked that too. Maybe this would work after all. When it was dry I drew with oil pastels. Mainly medium hard Erengi and finished with really soft Sennelier. I mounted all three on a dark blue board that is about 52x62. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment